How do we calculate charges?
For travel in the UK our campers are charged at the weekly or per night rate shown for that month. If a rental covers two periods then each night will be charged at the rate for that month, not the rate at the start of the rental period. For travel outside of the UK, for an additional driver and for certain driving licence endorsements additional charges may apply.

Minimum hire period
There is no minimum hire period. A minimum charge of £850 applies for Glastonbury Music Festival. Last minute bookings are sometimes available at reduced prices. For earlier collections, or for later returns please contact us to check availability.

Booking and confirmation
Initial enquiries may be made by phone or online. For bookings more than one month ahead we will hold a provisional reservation for one week. For bookings less than one month ahead we require payment of the £100 per week deposit at the time of booking.

Reservation can be secured by payment of a £100 per week deposit. Please note that deposits are non-refundable. Some holiday insurance policies give cover against lost deposits due to illness etc.

The balance of the payment is due on pick up at the start of the rental. Payment may be made by cash, on-line banking or PayPal.

Security deposit
We require credit or debit card details as security against any loss or damage not covered by our motor insurance company. For example, but not limited to:
Burnt or permanently stained upholstery
Putting petrol or drinking water in the diesel fuel tank
Putting petrol or diesel in the drinking water tank
Loss of keys

Your card will only be charged in the event of an accident or other damage or loss.

Cancellation charges
Reservation deposits are non-refundable.

What's included?
Each Campervan is fully equipped with:
Kettle and tea pot
4 of each: mugs, plastic glasses, tumblers, large plates, side plates and bowls, knives, forks, desert spoons and teaspoons
Bread knife, bread board, vegetable knife, 2 saucepans, frying pan, tea towel, washing up cloth, washing up liquid, washing up brush and 1 rubbish bag
dustpan and brush, fire extinguisher, fire blanket and road map of the British Isles

Standard equipment on our Campervan includes:
Radio/CD with player and AUX input socket for iPod etc, air conditioning when driving, two full length double beds, privacy glass and parking sensors

What else should I bring?
Don't forget towels, bathroom bags and bedding (unless you are hiring bedding from us)

Collecting the Campervan at our handover centre in Buckingham
We need to show you exactly how to get the most benefit from your Campervan and this will take at least 45 mins. You are welcome to leave your car in our off road parking, during your rental, at your own risk.


Driving licence
The standard tariff is based on one driver aged between 25 and 75, with a full UK driving licence held for at least 2 years and with no more than 6 current points. To meet insurance requirements every driver will be asked to produce their photo ID driving licence together with a recent utility bills or credit card statements (dated within the last 3 months) showing the same names and addresses as the driving licences. Any driver who has not yet been issued with a photo card will be asked to produce a valid passport as well. Visitors from abroad must hold a current international driving permit or licence (Foreign licence holders may incur a small additional insurance premium charge).

We will be pleased to provide individual quotations for drivers outside of the parameters above, as there may be an additional insurance premium. If in any doubt please check this before confirming your reservation.

Additional driver
A maximum of one additional driver may be included at a cost of £10 per night.

Comprehensive insurance

Duration of cover
The driver(s) and the vehicle are provided with comprehensive insurance but this is only valid during the agreed term of the rental agreement.

The excess on this policy is £500. We require credit or debit card details as security for our insurance company. Your card will only be charged in the event of an accident or other damage or loss.

Collision damage waiver (CDW)
On payment of a £10 CDW premium per night, your liability for the insurance excess will be reduced to £150, except for theft or write-off and damage caused by putting petrol or drinking water in the diesel fuel tank, putting petrol or diesel in the water tank, and impact damage to the roof. In such cases the renter will remain fully responsible for the cost of rectification up to the maximum of the insurance excess.

Overseas use
Travel outside of the UK is only permissible with the prior agreement of onelife Experience. The insurance may be extended to cover most European countries but these must be listed and agreed at the time of reservation. Additional charges apply to include overseas documentation and assistance.

Your possessions
Your own personal items are not covered by our insurance. Please check the terms of your household or holiday insurance as these may provide the cover you need.

Gas and Fuel

All of our Volkswagen Campervans run on diesel fuel. A full tank of diesel is provided at the start of the rental and the vehicle should be returned with a full tank. If the tank is not full on return we will estimate the cost of fuel required and charge for this together with a £10 administration fee.

We aim to give you enough gas for your rental period. If you run out of gas we will refund the cost of the replacement cylinder and a further £10 for your inconvenience, on presentation of a receipted invoice!

Sorry, but we do not generally allow pets to be carried in our vehicles at any time - please discuss this with us when making your booking as exceptions can be made.

Sorry, but we do not allow smoking in our vehicles at any time.

What to do if you:

Break down?

Our Campervans are covered by roadside assistance, which is available throughout Europe. In the first instance please call Breakdown Assistance, the number is in the campervan. They will assess the problem and respond as necessary. Please also call the onelife office on 07974 793231 so that we can help to minimise any disruption to your trip.

Have an accident
If a third party is involved please ensure that you have their vehicle and personal details. If you feel the accident was not your fault try to get witness details. In case of any personal injury the police and the onelife office (07974 793231) must be informed as soon as possible and certainly within 24 hours. You should not admit liability at any time as this may prejudice your position. On returning the vehicle you will be required to complete a claim form which will include a sketch of the accident scene, so please ensure you have the exact location and road dimensions, weather etc. Please also call the onelife office on 07974 793231 so that we can help to minimise any disruption to your trip.

OneLife Experience is a trading name of Hands Free Brolly Ltd.

Our News. In your Inbox.

Submit your details to receive news and offers.

Towing with a VW Campervan

Don't forget we can offer campervans equipped for towing, so if you're keen to jet-ski, collect vintage cars, or love taking your horse to events give us a call - you can stay right where the action is and live in comfort.

If you've never tried a campervan holiday why not make a date to meet us over a tea or coffee so you can have a chat and examine one of our campervans for yourself.